Fences really do make for great neighbors and chances are your neighbors will enjoy your fence just as much as you do.
At Good Dog Fencing, we take all the hassle out of fence installation. We provide all of the equipment, materials, and services necessary to get your fence installed quickly and correctly. Our expert fence installers have worked with a variety of fencing materials in all types of residential and commercial properties in Louisville, KY.
Whether you have a flat space, a hilly area, or uneven grade, it’s no problem for our team. Most installations can be completed in as little as one day. Give us a call to see what we can offer for your property.
The Fence Installation Process
The best way to get a sturdy, strong, and professional looking fence is to leave the dirty work to the professionals. We have been installing fences for years, and we do everything we can to make installing a fence quick and easy for you. Our installation process is simple and straightforward:
- Planning Meeting: Our first meeting is a face-to-face evaluation to determine what type of fence you are looking for. We also take measurements and provide honest upfront pricing so there are no surprises.
- Ordinances and Regulations: Before we commit to any fence installation, we must check with city ordinances or HOA regulations to ensure your fence preference is within the parameters set by the governing body. Some areas require fence permits, others have strict rules as to what is allowed in the area.
- Scheduling: Once you decide to move forward with your fence installation, we are available to schedule your property service as soon as possible. For commercial properties, we can work nights or weekends as to minimize business disruption.
- Clearing and Preparation: The day before installation, our team will arrive with all of the equipment necessary to clear the fence path. This may involve moving shrubs, trees, grass, gravel, or other obstructions to the fencing area. Most fencing companies require the property owners to clear the area on their own, but Good Dog Fencing takes care of this as part of our total service installation package.
- Installation Day: We have created a smooth system for fence installation that allows us to complete most projects in one day or less. We show up on time and guarantee to leave your property in better and safer condition than we found it.
Before You Install a Fence
Installing a fence can change the look of your property and may be a significant investment. We recommend asking yourself these simple questions before committing to a fence install.
What type of fence do you want?
Ask yourself why you need a fence. What are your reasons for installing it? Is it just to keep the dog in the yard? For security? To block out noise? For increased privacy? Maybe it’s a little bit of everything. Sure, you want to protect the dog, but maybe you also want a little privacy and an increased curb appeal.
A fence can provide several functions, but identifying what is important to you is the first step in choosing the right fence. If you’re looking for privacy, chain link may not the best choice, but if you need to keep animals in, you need a fence they won’t be able to jump over. Take the time to decide what works for you.
Are you prepared for the future?
Once the fence is installed, what are your maintenance expectations?
You may love the look of a white picket fence, but unless you’re prepared to stain, seal, or paint the fence every couple of years, it might not be a good choice. Vinyl is a relatively low-maintenance material, but can sometimes crack easily. Wrought iron is nearly impenetrable, but is also costly and must be sealed every two years.
Consider your future plans and expectations before installing a fence on your property.
How will the fence affect others?
Be upfront with your neighbors about your fencing plans. This includes nearby businesses if you are fencing in a commercial property.
You don’t want to install a fence and then face the backlash from the neighbors or the HOA after it’s finished. Discuss your plans, and be sure that those who may be affected are accepting of your fence choices before moving forward.
How tall should my fence be?
Nothing is worse than building a 6-ft high privacy fence only to realize that your neighbors can still peek in your yard while sitting on their deck. Or perhaps you didn’t need to pay for the extra height in your backyard because your home is on a slope. Either way, avoid wasting time, money, and materials by testing your height before you install a fence.
We recommend using a large piece of cardboard and have a friend or family member walk around the perimeter of your property with the cardboard screen to see how high the fence needs to be to provide the privacy you’re looking for. Follow the view above the cardboard to get a better idea of what the fence will cover and what it will not. Also, consider any fast-growing trees or shrubs and how those may affect your fence plans.
How much does it cost?
Unlike other types of home renovations, fences rarely come with unforeseen costs. The price of installation is the cost of materials, equipment, and labor. Before installation, we provide an honest and upfront quote with no hidden fees, so you know exactly what to expect. If the costs are holding you back from your fencing project, consider mixing materials to save on costs. For example, a beautiful wood picket fence in the front can connect to a chain link fence along the back of the house, saving you installation costs and reducing maintenance.
Let’s Get Started!
In areas like Kentucky where the winters can dip below freezing, spring and summer are the best time for installation. Depending on the fence type, some posts may need to be secured up to 36 inches deep to avoid cracking in the winter. For us to dig this deep, the soil should be warm and soft.
Contact us to schedule your fence installation before the busy season. We can often provide special offers and discounts to those who schedule early installation. Give us a call today!
Beautifully protect your home or business with the area’s
most reliable fencing company!